Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday #138: Call It What You Want by Brigid Kemmerer




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!







This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:






Title:  Call It What You Want
Author:  Brigid Kemmerer
Expected Publication Date:  June 25th, 2019


When his dad is caught embezzling funds from half the town, Rob goes from popular lacrosse player to social pariah. Even worse, his father’s failed suicide attempt leaves Rob and his mother responsible for his care.

Everyone thinks of Maegan as a typical overachiever, but she has a secret of her own after the pressure got to her last year. And when her sister comes home from college pregnant, keeping it from her parents might be more than she can handle.

When Rob and Maegan are paired together for a calculus project, they’re both reluctant to let anyone through the walls they’ve built. But when Maegan learns of Rob’s plan to fix the damage caused by his father, it could ruin more than their fragile new friendship...

This captivating, heartfelt novel asks the question: Is it okay to do something wrong for the right reasons?

I never read any of Brigid Kemmerer's books before.  But I've been hearing great things about her book "A Curse So Dark and Lonely," so I'm  going to give some of her books a try!



So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!









19 comments:

  1. Nice! Been seeing a lot of this one lately! Not my kind of read but I hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time for me, but sounds an intriguing YA read!



    Happy Hump Day! Here is my hump day post! Hope you can pop by, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems so different from A Curse So Dark and Lonely which I do want to read one day. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great one. I hadn't seen it before, so thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good. Not my cup of tea, but hope you enjoy it! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to try this one too. And what a delightful cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really behind on Kemmerer's books, so I haven't heard much about this one! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Pick! This sounds awesome! I enjoy this author :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep hearing so many good things about this author, and I even met her, but have yet to read anything by her. I need to soon! Great pick! Thanks for visiting my Wednesday post yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Brigid Kemmerer's books. She's written my favourite contemporary YA books :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really like the sound of this one, but every time I see it, it puts the Taylor Swift song in my head. ;) Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland last week.

    ReplyDelete