Tuesday, April 10, 2012

[BOOK REVIEW] It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas


Title:  It Happened One Autumn

Author: Lisa Kleypas

Genre: Historical Romance

Year Published: 2005

Number of Pages: 529 pages

Date Read: 3/24/2011

Series: Wallflowers #2

Publisher:  Avon

Source:  Library

Content Rating:  Ages 18+ (Sex Scenes)

Buy on:  Amazon  //  Book Depository 


After reading Lisa Kleypas’ previous books "Again The Magic" and "Secrets of a Summer Night", I just had to read the second book in the Wallflower series called “It Happened One Autumn” which stars Lillian Bowman and Marcus, Lord Westcliff!  “It Happened One Autumn” is so full of drama, romance one awesome hero and heroine team that any romance fan will eat this book up!

American heiress Lillian Bowman came to London along with her family to pursue a worthy husband of her status.  However, Lillian seems to loathe the handsome yet headstrong Earl of Stony Cross Park, Marcus, Lord Westcliff as she believes that he is a snob and Marcus seems to loathe Lillian also since she is so stubborn.  But this couple will soon realize that their differences might bring them closer together.

*My, I am so breathless!* Oh my goodness, this book clearly defines what a true romance novel is all about!  I just practically love everything about this book – the characters, the plot and the romance!  I loved the way that Lisa Kleypas made the book extremely dramatic yet hilarious at the same time and what I really loved about Lisa Kleypas’ writing is how she made Lillian Bowman and Marcus, Lord Westcliff’s relationship seem so hilarious, especially when they are arguing so much.  I usually disapprove of couples fighting in romance novels, but in this case, the way that Marcus and Lillian argued was so cute!  It is like one moment Lillian and Marcus are arguing about how they should ruled each other’s lives and then the next minute, they are making love to each other!

As much as I loved the plot, the characters were the true highlights of this story!  My favorite characters in this book are of course, Lillian Bowman and Marcus, Lord Westcliff!  Lillian Bowman is truly one heroine I truly enjoyed as she Is not afraid to speak her mind, even in the face of danger and I loved the way that she easily stands up to Marcus and speaks on her opinions, which is an aspect of her character that I truly loved.  I also loved Lillian’s close relationship with the other Wallflowers which included her sister Daisy Bowman, Annabelle Peyton and Evangeline Jenner. Now, I would like to talk about Marcus, Lord Westcliff and man is he something else!  Marcus, Lord Westcliff is one amazing hero as he is described as being muscular yet lean and he is truly headstrong and also speaks his mind!  What I really loved about Marcus is how he truly has a heart full of gold, especially when it concerns Lillian and when Lillian is in grave danger, oh boy, watch out because Marcus can be really frightening when he is angry, which I really admit made me more attracted to his character!  I could go on and on about Marcus, but that would be an extremely long list to go through!  This romance novel is sex scenes galore as it is full of lovemaking scenes between Marcus and Lillian that will have your hairs stand on your ends!

There are many sex scenes throughout this book, so anyone who is uncomfortable with reading sex scenes might want to skip over these scenes when reading this book.

All in all, “It Happened One Autumn” is clearly a novel that defines what a true romance novel is all about and also features my favorite hero, Marcus, Lord Westcliff!  I am definitely going out of my way to read the next book in the Wallflower series, "Devil in Winter"!




No comments:

Post a Comment