Sunday, January 22, 2012

[BOOK REVIEW] The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medeiros





Title:  The Devil Wears Plaid

Author: Teresa Medeiros

Genre: Historical Romance

Year Published: 2010

Number of Pages: 407 pages

Date Read: 1/14/2011

Publisher:  Pocket Books

Source:  Library

Content Rating:  Ages 18+ (Sex Scenes)


 I have been reading many books by popular romance novel author Teresa Medeiros, but I have never read a romance novel quite like this one! “The Devil Wears Plaid,” not to be confused with “The Devil Wears Prada,” is Teresa Medeiros’ newest historical romance novel and it has enough adventure, drama, shocking secrets and sizzling romance that have overtaken all the other romance novels with style!

Emmaline Marlowe (Emma for short) was about to be married to the laird of the Hepburn clan to save her family from landing in debtor’s prison when the wedding is gate crashed by a handsome tough guy called Jamie Sinclair, who ends up kidnapping Emma and takes her to the highlands. Jamie claims that he is using Emma to get what was stolen from him from the Hepburn clan, but will Emma eventually cause Jamie to fall in love with her?

Oh my goodness! There are so many awesome things to say about this book! This is clearly Teresa Medeiros’ best book ever created since it has everything that you would find in an excellent book – drama, adventure, suspense and a full blown romance that will blow any romance fan away! Teresa Medeiros has done an awesome job at creating a story about dark secrets and forbidden love and I loved the way that Teresa Medeiros has put the most shocking moments in this book, which regarded Jamie’s dark past, in the right places without making the moments too over the top and more surprising to read about. I also loved the action scenes throughout this book as I was seriously holding on this book for dear life wondering if Jamie and Emma would ever escape from all the obstacles that they have to face throughout their journey. Now let us discuss about the best part of this book, the characters! I loved the character Emma, even though I will admit she did sort of annoyed me whenever she acts like she is better than everyone else, but she is also shown as being a strong and independent heroine who did not let Jamie’s rash actions get the best of her. Emma always speaks her mind about the situation she is thrown into and I also loved her intelligence as she uses her wits to get her out of various situations and help out Jamie and his men. Another character I really loved was Jamie Sinclair, who is seriously the best “bad-boy” outlaw I have ever read in any romance novel as he can be both ruthless yet caring at the same time. I will admit at first that I was a bit uncomfortable about Jamie kidnapping Emma for his own reasons, but after I saw how kind and brave (and muscular) he really is, I started to really love his character! Also, when I found out about Jamie’s dark past, I really sympathized with him since his secret is so unexpected, that you have to read this book yourself to feel the full impact! I also loved how Jamie and Emma’s love came to be as they fought with each other at first, but they eventually got closer together once they uncovered each other’s dark secrets and I loved the way that Jamie always tried to save Emma from any kind of trouble on their journey.

There are many sex scenes in this book, so anyone who does not like sex scenes might want to skip over the sex scenes in this book.

Overall, “The Devil Wears Plaid” is a truly brilliant romance novel that every romance fan and Teresa Medeiros fan should definitely check out!





No comments:

Post a Comment