Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Waiting on Wednesday #200: Cloaked Shadows by Melissa Hawkes and The Bright and the Pale by Jessica Rubinkowski

Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!




Yay!!! I finally reached 200 posts!  That over 200 books I've been looking forward to over the years!








This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selections are:




    

Cloaked Shadows

By: Melissa Hawkes

Expected Publication Date: February 28th, 2021

Buy on:   Amazon


The journey starts here...

Ikena Ralliday is plagued with nightmares of her father's brutal death at the hands of a monstrous Sinturi, those abominations which feast on humans to survive. They snatch children from their beds, infect animals with their darkness and serve one purpose only - to overrun Nevera and destroy the magical Cloaks.

When Ikena - a human - discovers that she herself is a magical, she should obey the law and report to the Cloak army. But that would mean never again seeing her home and all those she loves again. She can hide her magic away, but it's becoming impossible to control. Besides, no matter how much she resists, Ikena is drawn more and more into the heart of the endless war between the Cloaks and the Sinturi.

It seems her fate is tied to that of Nevera's and danger is always lurking.

Oooh!  A story about a human girl actually possessing magical powers and having to keep those powers a secret?  Sounds awesome!






The Bright and the Pale

By: Jessica Rubinkowski

Expected Publication Date: March 2nd, 2021

Buy on:  Amazon


Seventeen-year-old Valeria is one of the only survivors of the freeze, a dark magical hold Knnot Mountain unleashed over her village. Everyone, including her family, is trapped in an unbreakable sheet of ice. Ever since, she’s been on the run from the Czar, who is determined to imprison any who managed to escape. Valeria finds refuge with the Thieves Guild, doing odd jobs with her best friend Alik, the only piece of home she has left.

That is, until he is brutally murdered.

A year later, she discovers Alik is alive and being held against his will. To buy his freedom, she must lead a group of cutthroats and thieves on a perilous expedition to the very mountain that claimed her family. Only something sinister slumbers in the heart of Knnot.

And it has waited years for release.


CW: death of a family member, discrimination, childhood trauma, work camps


A fantasy book that takes place in Russia?  Count me in!







So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!










πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•






πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•






27 comments:

  1. Nice picks! I've added them to my TBR list. My pick this week is The Hidden Palace by Helene Wecker. https://razzberrycoloredglasses.blogspot.com/2021/02/cant-wait-wednesdaywaiting-on-wednesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These both sound really good, I already have The Bright and the Pale on my list😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. These both sound good. I hope you enjoy them when you get them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 200 WoW posts! I hope you enjoy reading your picks this week.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! The Bright and The Pale sounds really unique and I love books with Russian influences

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these sound like they will be great reads! I hope you enjoy them, Ronyell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cloaked Shadows sounds goods! Here's my WoW: https://thereadinghideaway.blogspot.com/2021/02/waiting-on-wednesday-34.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. These both sound really good, especially the fantasy set in Russia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these sound awesome! I just added Cloaked Shadows to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on 200 WoWs, that's amazing! I need to be more consistent heheh #bloggoals. Both of these books sound great! I've been slowly getting back into fantasy after a long strength of contemporary romance so thanks for bringing these to my radar. I hope you enjoy them both :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course the Bright and the Pale was on my list too, but that first one is new to me! Hope you get both of these soon and enjoy them. Thanks for stopping by my Wednesday post on Lisa Loves Literature!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for including Cloaked Shadows! I agree, it sounds fabulous! ;)

    ReplyDelete