Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Waiting on Wednesday #169: A Werewolf in Riverdale by Caleb Roehrig and Girls Save the World in This One by Ash Parsons





Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!










This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selections are:




    
A Werewolf in Riverdale

By: Caleb Roehrig

Expected Publication Date: April 7th, 2020

Buy on:   Book Depository  //  Amazon


Who is the Riverdale Ripper? And why is Jughead waking up covered in blood? 

Based on the original Archie Comics characters! 

Everyone knows the characters from Riverdale: popular Archie Andrews, girl-next-door Betty Cooper, angsty Jughead Jones, and the sophisticated Veronica Lodge. But this is not the Riverdale you know and love. Something twisted has awoken in the town with pep. Inspired by the iconic Archie Horror comics, this reimagined universe takes the grittiness of the TV show and adds a paranormal twist.

 Someone is killing the citizens of Riverdale. And after a bloody full moon, Jughead realizes he is the killer! Jughead is a werewolf. Can he keep this secret from his friends -- including werewolf-hunting Betty Cooper? Jughead has to get his dark side under control -- before it is controlling him. 

The Archie Horror series contains all-new, original stories that fans of horror AND fans of Riverdale will eat up!


I've been reading Archie Comics ever since I was little and I'm definitely looking forward to reading a horror retelling of the classic Archie Comics!


Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



















Girls Save the World in This One

By: Ash Parsons

Expected Publication Date: April 14th, 2020

Buy on:  Book Depository  //  Amazon



June’s whole life has been leading up to this: ZombieCon, the fan convention celebrating all things zombies. She and her two best friends plan on hitting all the panels, photo ops, and meeting the heartthrob lead of their favorite zombie apocalypse show Human Wasteland. And when they arrive everything seems perfect, though June has to shrug off some weirdness from other fans—people shambling a little too much, and someone actually biting a cast member. Then all hell breaks loose and June and her friends discover the truth: real zombies are taking over the con. Now June must do whatever it takes to survive a horde of actual brain-eating zombies—and save the world.

A zombie book where girls actually save the world?  Count me in!


Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository





So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!







💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕








💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕




16 comments:

  1. It is so fun to have books release during these hectic times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these sound awesome! I just added them to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the Archie book. I featured it last week and it sounds like just the kind of read I need right now. Glad it comes out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh fun picks! These are new to me ones! I hope you enjoy them both once you get them!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, these sounds fantastic!

    Thank you for stopping by My CWW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen some of the Riverdale series and have enjoyed it. I was a big fan of the comics when I was a child. A Werewolf in Riverdale sounds like it will be fun! The title alone of Girls Save the World In This one is enough to get my interest! I hope you enjoy this one! Stay safe and well, Ronyell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started watching Riverdale so now this book sounds good! The second one is on my TBR as well. Great picks!
    Check out my Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am I bad when I say it is kind of fun to see how many people like to read horror stuff during these dark times? Hopefully not *smile* They both sound great and I hope you can enjoy them. Stay safe and thank you for your visit earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like I’m the only kid who didn’t read comic books. I hope you enjoy these!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete