Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday #160: Lullaby of Flames by Candace Robinson and Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!



This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selections are:




48314439. sy475     
Lullaby of Flames

By: Candace Robinson

Expected Publication Date: December 20th, 2019 

Buy on:  Goodreads  //  Amazon
A novelette:


Cori has always been a bit on the strange side, but when a gate to Hell - literally - ops up in her backyard, she tumbles down, down, down in to a place filled with beasts waiting to reap her soul for the Devil himself.


Lucky for Cori, she meets Rigel and his gang of misfits who have been trapped for quite a bit.  Together, they must formulate a plan to escape, or risk remaining down below for all eternity and burning forevermore.


A girl gets stuck in Hell?  Sounds creepy and awesome!

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository









Scavenge the Stars

By: Tara Sim
42248816
Expected Publication: January 7th, 2020

Buy on: Amazon // Book Depository 
When Amaya rescues a mysterious stranger from drowning, she fears her rash actions have earned her a longer sentence on the debtor ship where she’s been held captive for years. Instead, the man she saved offers her unimaginable riches and a new identity, setting Amaya on a perilous course through the coastal city-state of Moray, where old-world opulence and desperate gamblers collide.

Amaya wants one thing: revenge against the man who ruined her family and stole the life she once had. But the more entangled she becomes in this game of deception—and as her path intertwines with the son of the man she’s plotting to bring down—the more she uncovers about the truth of her past. And the more she realizes she must trust no one…

Packed with high-stakes adventure, romance, and dueling identities, this gender-swapped retelling of The Count of Monte Cristo is the first novel in an epic YA fantasy duology, perfect for fans of Sarah J. Maas, Sabaa Tahir, and Leigh Bardugo.


Now, I never read "The Count of Monte Cristo," but the fact that this book is a retelling of that story and the plot sounds interesting, I'm definitely willing to give this book a try!


Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository





So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!




15 comments:

  1. OOh nice! The first one is new to me but I just heard about the second one and I have to have it! I adored The Count of Monte Cristo!! Definitely makes me wonder how this one will end!

    Hope you enjoy both of these!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up for both of these! Great choices this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your choices are new to me, Ronyell. I hope you enjoy reading them!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hadn't heard of the first one, but it sounds good too! Great picks1
    Check out my Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scavenge the Stars sounds awesome! I hadn't seen it before. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first book is a new one to me but they both sound really good! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Out of my normal reading realm, though I recall seeing great things about Sim's previous series. I hope both are amazing reads for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of Lullaby of Flames, but I have seen Scavenge the Stars around! They both sound interesting! I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete