Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #49: The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!





This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:






Title:  The Hearts We Sold 
Author:  Emily Lloyd-Jones
Expected Publication Date:  August 8th, 2017





When Dee Moreno makes a deal with a demon—her heart in exchange for an escape from a disastrous home life—she finds the trade may have been more than she bargained for. And becoming “heartless” is only the beginning. What lies ahead is a nightmare far bigger, far more monstrous than anything she could have ever imagined.

With reality turned on its head, Dee has only a group of other deal-making teens to keep her grounded, including the charming but secretive James Lancer. And as something grows between them amid an otherworldy ordeal, Dee begins to wonder: Can she give someone her heart when it’s no longer hers to give?


Hmmm...a story about a girl giving away her heart to a demon?  Sounds really interesting!


So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

20 comments:

  1. Yes, it definitely does sound interesting. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is new to me, and I love that cover! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this one and I loved it! I'm going to post a swoony teaser for my Swoon Thursday post tomorrow. :D Great choice, Ronyell!

    Have a fabulous week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had the chance to read this one, and it was amazing! I loved it so much. You will definitely love it :)
    Great choice.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read this one for ages. Hope we both love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a review of this just recently and I'm definitely interested in it as well! Great pick! Thanks for visiting my Wednesday post on Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an interesting one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, sorry for the late comment back.... :( Life was a bit overwhelming this week. But here I am now!! :)

    I have to be honest and say that I would probably be too chicken to read this, lol. A deal with a demon? It might turn out to be good, but I don't think I could handle it. Hope you enjoy it, though! :) :)

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my CWW post!! Hope you're having a GREAT weekend!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice choice!! I'm looking forward to this one too - it looks so unique and eerie :)
    Thanks for visiting my WOW earlier this week!

    ReplyDelete