Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #14: Top 10 All Time Favorite Authors


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

So today’s Top Ten Tuesday theme is my top 10 Favorite Authors of all time!

So, here's my top 10 favorite authors of all time (in no particular order).

1. Neil Gaiman


I have always enjoyed Neil Gaiman's stories.  They are so full of wonder and pure creativity that I often find myself enjoying every new book he has written!

Favorite Books:

Coraline
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Neverwhere
The Sandman Comics

2. Melina Marchetta



Melina Marchetta was the first Aussie author I had ever read from and her stories are truly heartwarming and realistic as I find myself relating to many of the characters from her books.

Favorite Books:

The Piper'sSon
Jellicoe Road
Saving Francesca

3. Lisa Kleypas



Lisa Kleypas is truly one of the best romance authors out there and her romance titles are truly amazing to read!

Favorite Books:

Devil in Winter
It Happened One Autumn
Mine Til Midnight

4. Teresa Medeiros



Teresa Medeiros was the first romance author I had ever read from and becasue of that, her stories are truly memorable to read!

Favorite Books:

The Devil Wears Plaids
The Pleasure of Your Kiss
Nobody's Darling

5. Laini Taylor



Even though I just recently got into her work, Laini Taylor's "Daughter of Smoke and Bone" series has seriously become one of my most favorite fantasy titles ever!

Favorite Books:

Daughter of Smoke and Bone
Days of Blood and Starlight

6. J.K. Rowling



As a true Harry Potter fan, J.K. Rowling's books have really changed my whole perspecttive on the YA crowd and it is a wonderful treat to read her works over and over again!

Favorite Books:

The Harry Potter Series

7. Marissa Meyer



After reading Cinder, I was quite impressed with Marissa Meyer's skills in retelling ancient fairy tales and she has definitely earned her place on my top authors list for that reason!

Favorite Books:

Cinder

8. Stephanie Perkins



I just loved "Lola and the Boy Next Door" and there is always something cute about Stephanie Perkins' books that I love reading about!

Favorite Books:

Lola and the Boy Next Door

9. Henrik Drescher



With his amazing and surreal aartwork and easy going storytelling, Henrik Dresscher has become of my most favorite authors and artists that I had ever read! 

Favorite Books:

Simon's Book
Looking for Santa Claus
The Fool and the Flying Ship (artwork)

10. Dr. Seuss



Dr. Seuss is seriously one of the most influential authors in the children's book community and his books continue to remain favorites in my heart for many years!

Favorite Books:

The Cat in the Hat
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
The Lorax


So, who are your favorite authors of all time? Please feel free to comment below!


Posted on Tuesday, April 21, 2015


 

No comments:

Post a Comment