What is a Beta Reader?
Beta Readers look and analyze your finished manuscript and provide constructive criticism not as an editor or proofreader, but as a reader. They look at various elements such as the dialogue, plot, pacing, characterisation, plausibility and inconsistency, and give you objective feedback – what works, what doesn’t work, what needs improvement, etc.
Why should I hire you ?
Why should I hire you ?
You should hire me because I have been reviewing books for the past 7 years and therefore, I had so much experience in reviewing books and analyzing the pros and cons of the works in general. I also give out honest opinions without being offensive and I can provide honest and constructive opinions on how to improve your work and make it accessible to all readers who want to try out your work. I have also read many other reviews, whether they are positive or negative, on the books I've read, therefore I am able to provide opinions from many different perspectives without being too one sided on the subject at hand.
What are your preferred demographic and genres?
I usually read Children's Books, Young Adult/New Adult and Adult books and the genres I prefer reading are fantasy, horror, paranormal, mystery, and romance. I also enjoy comic books and graphic novels.
Are there books you don’t want to beta read?
I usually don't read a lot of non-fiction or memoirs, so I will decline any works that are based on non-fiction and memoirs since I haven't read enough of them to provide a more constructive opinion.
What you should expect:
- I will be honest and constructive in my opinions on your manuscripts. My goal is to make sure that I will help you make your work more accessible to many readers and provide you tips on how to make your work enjoyable to read.
- I will provide my opinions on your work on a separate email and I will point out the mistakes and what you could do to improve your work. I will try not to rewrite your work or give out ideas that you might not like, unless you ask me to do so.
- I will not correct your grammar mistakes. Use your proofreader editor for that for I want to focus on setting up your paragraphs and talking about the themes of your work.
- I will not publicize my opinions to other readers for I want my opinions to be between yourself and I.
- I will give my opinions out on time.
What are your rates?
$0.70 for every 250 words. If a regular manuscript had 75000 words, that would be $210. I will need at least 2 weeks to read through the manuscript and provide a detailed summary of what I've read and how the work could be improved upon. If you need my opinion of the manuscript within a week, then the rush fee would be $40 and if you need the opinion within 3 days or less, then the fee would be $70.
Okay, I’m sold! I want to hire you!
If you want to hire me, please e-mail me at Nickelodeon43@hotmail.com with your manuscript's title, genres, summary and length. Make sure to put "Beta Reading Services" in the title so that way I will know that it involves the Beta Reading Service. I will try to respond to you within 24 hours, but if I don't respond within 24 hours, then feel free to send me a follow up email.